Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I admit it, I suck.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Okay.... where did iMovie come in to drawing lightening bolts??

BTW djr.. I finally got an agent for my screenplay, you had asked me to tell you about it. He is in conversations with Mtv about it now.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Ah, congrats. That seems to have slipped my mind, since i've been working on php for the last 3 hours or so, but that's cool. Good luck with it

Lightning bolts are available in iMovie, but they would be of absolutely no help in flash unless you wanted to deal with iMovie, export, then import a QT movie into the flash and play that. ...which defeats the point of using flash.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ohh, I gotcha. Yeah, like buying a cow to get free steak... bit out of the needed process
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Alright, it looks pretty terrible. Just what I was looking for. At least your help on making the lightning look less crappy worked. Sorry for the stupid question ("What??? Another one of them??? Damn, keep your mouth shut..."), but how do I set the movie so it doesn't repeat forever. I can't quite remember the code. I do know that if you put the value of -1 it runs forever, but I can't remember what the code actually is... Also, is there a code I can use to make to the page transition to another without having to manually change it? As in create a splash page that will activate as soon as the flash movie has completed?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Umm... not sure I understand...

Code:
    stop();
    works really well in making the movie halt.

For the transition, use Frame Labels and AS. say you have 4 layers in your time line that make up your movie, and these are 40 frames long.

You would put your splash screen on frame 41 while blanking out the other 4 layers.

You could also make a new scene, in which case you would want the first frame to be labled something, say "splash"

then in the OTHER scene, the one with the movie, on the last frame, put something like:

Code:
    _root.gotoAndPlay ("scene2", "splash");
    Unless I misunderstand your question, which is possible.

Also, don't be afraid to start a new thread for each new question, makes searching easier for other persons looking for answers to questions you already asked.
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

This is for a completed (or close enough) movie...

You know how the published version of the Flash movie loops infinitely? I just want it to play back once. Sorry if I'm not clear...

I want the actual webpage to link to a seperate webpage once the flash movie has played through... For instance, if the final published movie's name was 'flash.swf', I would like it to link automatically to the next consecutive webpage. For example, 'page1.html'. I know this isn't a Flash question, but I figured that it was regarding aspects of Flash, so might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aragoth
    You know how the published version of the Flash movie loops infinitely?
    uhh.. no

go to the very last frame of your movie and in your "scripts" or "actions" layer put:

Code:
    stop();
    this stops your movie.

I want the actual webpage to link to a seperate webpage once the flash movie has played through... For instance, if the final published movie's name was 'flash.swf', I would like it to link automatically to the next consecutive webpage. For example, 'page1.html'. I know this isn't a Flash question, but I figured that it was regarding aspects of Flash, so might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Now you say "actual webpage" do you want an html link below your movie or do you want the link IN your movie?

either way:

IN the movie:

on the last frame, make a button, anything you like, let's call it "continue" this way when the movie is played the visitor will get to the end of the movie and see "continue" and they will click the button, yay!

in the AS panel for that button put the following:

Code:
    on(release){
        getURL("http://www.yoursite.com/page1.html", _blank);
    }
    then you are done.

if you want the link BELOW your movie on the actual page:

1) publish your movie

2) find the HTML page that was created and open it with NOTEPAD

3) in the text scroll to the bottom until you see this:

Code:
    </object>
    </body>
    </html>
    Change it to:

Code:
    </object><br><br>
    <a href= "http://www.yoursite.com/page1.html" alt= "next page">Click Here For Next Page</a>
    </body>
    </html>
    4) Close and save the HTML file and upload to your server.

Obviously in both examples change http://www.yoursite.com/page1.html with your information, also in the second example the alt text isn't needed, you can make it say alt = "" instead AND the Click Here For Next Page is what the link will actually say on the page, so you can change that to what ever you like.
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

I created a button (just to see if I could get it to work). I figred making a text box and a background. I set it up so it would start with a grey background (or gray, depending on how you like to spell it) and black text. I inserted a key frame into the "Over" frame, then changed the background color and text color. I did the same for over. When I went back to "Scene 1" there was no sign of the button. What am I supposed to do with the damn thing.

BTW: I tried to publish it and still couldn't see.
    BTW PT 2: I didn't use the stop(); function beforehand, so I know that's not the problem...
    BTW PT 3: I was talking about an automatic url link (page refreshal used to link to a seperate URL) as in http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...7961#post57961. Thanks for the advice on creating links within the flash itself, though.
    Last edited by Aragoth; 10-18-2006 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Did you put the button on the stage?

If you used the F keys to "insert new symbol" then it was put in your library and not on the stage. Also, check that the layer you put the button on isn't below a layer with something ontop of the button. Layers are just that, layers one on top of the next, the higher the layer on the list the higher up in the movie the items are visible. So if you have a large black square on the top layer, anything in that squares area on a layer below it wont show up.

Solution is to place the button on a higher or equal layer to that which is blocking it.

A work around for your refresh problem is quite simple, you can do a couple things:

lets say you set the getURL to go to "homepage.html"

Either make "homepage.html" and put the meta tag on there, ORR if your sever allows it, set up a permanent redirect from homepage.html to the page you want people to go to. Does that make sense?
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Question I need help..

I'm editing my friendster account but it seems that I keep on messing it. I'm having hard time making my own layouts beacuse I cannot produce one of my own,I mean I wanted to learn how to make my own layout. can somebody please help me out?!