Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I admit it, I suck.

Thanks

Default I admit it, I suck.

All right, to be honest, I am so terrible at flash that a monkey with rabies could create a better movie. So that's where I hope you guys can come in...

I have created the ugliest movie of all time, using imported images. I figured out how to break them apart, etc. Of course, you can't do all the much with them, but that's fine. I have set up a fairly shoddy background on a second layer, as well as fade out transition. How do I set up the transition to fade in?

Secondly (and you better believe I have a lot of questions, so please bear with me), how do I create a button? I have looked up what has got to be a hundred tutorials, but each time it doesn't work, or it doesn't appear to have any effect. Any help?

Thanks

First thing, I don't believe that a monkey with rabies even knows what macromedia flash is. Second thing. You can make fade in transition by making the object a symbol and tweening it's alpha. Third thing. You can make a button by simply making something(like a circle) double clicking it, hitting F8 and choosing "Button" to make it customized double click in that symbol and edit the states. Fourth thing, I hope it helps.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Welcome, and don't worry we all start somewhere. No one was born knowing how to use Flash.

Some inportant things though, while myself, or shachi, or whomever answers your pleas, which version of Flash are you using? This will be important to know later when you start asking the other qustions I see you bound for.

If shachi's post didn't help enough let us know. In the mean time have a gander at these two sites:

first www.cartoonsmart.com it is a commercial site for Flash tutorials (video/ step-by-step) but he does have free tuts that will help to get you going. These will cover the most basic elements such as the Flash panels and layout to features and basic animation.

Download the free tuts and watch them a couple times, they are a great help to a Flash virgin.

Second site is www.gotoandlearn.com The extensive video tutorials here cover anything you want to ever do with Flash and then some. They are easy to follow and understand as well. Great resource!

Good Luck!
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Here's a helpful site too: http://learnflash.com/ signup for their newsletter and you'll learn a lot of new tricks.

Thanks

I have flash 7.0, if that helps. I can't really get 8.0 since I'm running off my school's computer... To elaborate, I'm actually only sixteen... Plus, the school's computers have no sound...
    Last edited by Aragoth; 09-20-2006 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Age doesn't matter in Flash.. the program doesn't care how old you are, only that you can push keys and drag a mouse

MX04 is a great version, and one I use myself.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Yea, flash doesn't care what age you are. I am just fourteen ya'know.

Thanks

I suppose I should have also added that I can't draw for sh*t... lol

Anyway, I have an image that I want set up as a background. I want the image to fade in, as stated before. I kinda know how to tween, but all of my attempts so far have failed miserably.

I have imported the image, and then increase the number of frames up to twenty or so. The image remains constant throughout all of those. How do I get the black background to tween from its original state to the image?
    Last edited by Aragoth; 09-22-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks

Learning flash doesn't mean you must know how to draw. Flash is for creating dynamic things that simply programming can't do(not yet). Not for drawing(you can do that though).

P.S. Even I don't know how to draw in flash.

Thanks

If you have a mac with a program called iMovie HD, you can add effects and transitions in ease!