Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [DHTML] Multi-level Effect Menu

Thanks

Ok, I am done adding the delay feature. I decided to add it as a switch option. The demo is near the end of the page. So to save you the trouble of asking dd, I am done updating for now(unless there is anymore bugs pointed out,but I doubt there will be).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Looking good! I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the delay feature. I'll be adding this script most likely on Wednesday, so any changes before then will be added in as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 Times in 3,160 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blm126
    Not yet. I think I'll add a delay feature since you guys seem to think it is a good idea. Also, when I was working on it I noticed that my fix for Opera broke my fix for Firefox. I tried for an half an hour to come up with another solution, but this problem required a browser detect. Running the firefox code won't hurt any browser but Opera so browsers that are pretending should be fine. And if Opera or firefox do try and change the useragent then they will just have to deal with the related browser bugs. I don't see anyway around it. The firefox bug is just to strange.
    I'm not sure exactly what all this involves or if you know of the quick and easy way to single out Opera, no mater what it is reporting itself as. Just in case you don't - Opera will always return true for window.opera - all others return false:

Code:
    if(window.opera)
    set conditions for Opera only
    I will use this on occasion if Opera is the only browser that needs a certain approach in a script. It can and, has in the past been abused though. So, be careful how you use it.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Opera isn't the problem. Friefox is. Opera is only a problem when the fix for firefox is used.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 Times in 3,160 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, then:

Code:
    if (!window.opera){
    FF fix code here
    }
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks

Hmm... The horizontal link still flickers in the newest version of FF. It's an awesome menu though
    - Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1
    Well, then:

Code:
    if (!window.opera){
    FF fix code here
    }
    Thanks for tip, John.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Just noticed a rather big bug in IE6. On the script page, for the horizontal menu in the demo, if you move your mouse over the 4th menu item to reveal all 3 sub menus, move the mouse out, then back to the 4th menu item again immediately, all 3 sub menus are revealed and with blank data. In Firefox, this doesn't occur.

Thanks

An IE bug no doubt. I have found a rather hackish workaround, but it will suffice for now. I also fixed some typos in the help page while I was at it.

mburt:That is an option turned on and off through the use of the inaccessible switch. If you read through the page it states that.