Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross-domain AJAX tutorial anyone??

Thanks

Default Cross-domain AJAX tutorial anyone??

Hi all,
    I was just curious about cross-domain AJAX and I wanted to know how it works ... so if anyone knows how it works or has a tutorial about it please kindly post it here, it may not only help me but also some others who are intrested in this subject. Thanks!!

Thanks

It is not possible. You can use PHP to get data from another domain, but not with just javascript.

Thanks

blm126: I *am* using PHP. I don't think that making interactive pages(which do dynamic queries) can be done only with javascript. I hope that it makes sense.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I was just curious about cross-domain AJAX and I wanted to know how it works
    A server-side script on your domain is used to load and output the content, then the XMLHttpRequest object reads that file like normal. A simple example (not that you should use this, of course; much more checking is required) is:
    Code:
    <?php
      // golden.php
      die(file_get_contents($_GET['url']));
    ?>
    By open()ing:
    Code:
    xhr.open("GET", "golden.php?url=" + encodeURIComponent("http://www.google.com/"), true);
    that file with the correct GET variable, any page on the Internet can be retrieved.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Twey: even google search results?? and json objects(or whatever)?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Indeed.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Oh cool!!! Can you give me some more examples of data fetching Twey??

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Er? What more is there to demonstrate? :-\

Thanks

I mean can I just bring whole web pages with it and XML data islands??

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Of course. Just like you can with normal AJAX. It's just redirected through a server-side script, is all.