Thread: Animated Ajax

Thanks

Default Animated Ajax

1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...jaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:
    I am using the above script to call a <div> that contains a form. It is working fine and the form appears correctly when called. I would however like to animate the <div> as it appears. I would like it to have the <div> come in from the top of it's block and descend to fill it's block, taking about 1 second to do so. At the moment the <div> just appears. I'm not sure that it will help but here is code from the page.

HTML Code:
    <div id="nav">
    <ul>
    <li class="here"><a href="home.html">home</a></li>
    <li><a href="services.html">services</a></li>
    <li><a href="prices.html">prices</a></li>
    <li><a href="javascript:ajaxpage('ajax_form.html', 'contactform')">contact</a></li>
    <li><a href="aboutus.html">about us</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div> 
    BTW, thanks for the script. It's a sort of Ajax 101. Great resource.

Andy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, this could be worked out in theory. However, in practice, due to the lag time often involved in fetching AJAX content, it would be a bit involved and somewhat odd looking.

Imagine the page is live. A user clicks on the link and has to (as often is the case) wait for the server to retrieve the content and send it to them. Once this has been accomplished, the content could be slid into view. Personally, at that point, I think the effect would be superfluous.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I would like to do the exact same thing. Can you please help me with this? The load times are fast since I'm just loading pages with mostly text.

Thanks

Nevermind, I figured it out using script.aculo.us for the slide in/out effect