Thread: Post element inside Ajax Tabs Contest script

Thanks

Default Post element inside Ajax Tabs Contest script

1) Script Title: Ajax Tabs Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tent/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
    Hi,
    I was wondering if it's possible to add a post form (i.e. Submit) inside 1 of the external tabs (other than the default 1st page) and refresh only that particular tab? We're able to use the post but we had to refresh the whole page which shows the first tab.

If this is not possible, is it possible to refresh a page after the "post" and point directly to another tab other than the default tab?

Thanks,
    Geoffrey

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

You could refresh the whole page and have it load that tab based upon portions of the query string. I'm not certain if this would be suitable for your purposes or not. You should, in any case, consider the ramifications of what the user without javascript enabled would be able to do with your page, and in particular your form, which (unless you have a server side fall-back presentational method available for it) they would never get to see.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

.:bump:.

I was wondering the same thing.

gnolasco: would I have to use the selected to define which the tab would be selected during the reload as a result?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eydaimon
    would I have to use the selected to define which the tab would be selected during the reload as a result?
    Yes, and a method has been worked out as to how to do that elsewhere in these forums for tabs not selected by default. If using server side language, this could also be done server side. You probably would also need a way to update the form after it had been added back to the page though - either javascript and/or server side.

If your form is at all important though, this entire scheme would be unsuitable for accessibility reasons unless you also had a javascript disabled fall-back.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate