Thread: Fade in slide show on ebay

Thanks

Default Fade in slide show on ebay

I was over at the javascript forum and they sent me over here. I want a fade in slide show on my ebay "me" page and cannot get it to work when I try to put it in the "me" page. It says it is the javascript, but I have no clue what. Does anyone here have the kind of knowledge to do that. The other forum said it would need flash then. If you know, explain it very simply to this old lady! :-)
    Connie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Warning: As this is a question on a DD script, please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format when asking a question.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

We would need a link to the script as DD mentions. A link to your page would help as well. However, if the script violates or appears to violate this rule:

Quote Originally Posted by http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/policies.html#P14
    JavaScript
    eBay does not permit the use of the following types of JavaScript functions: Scripts used to drop or read a cookie on any eBay page Scripts that redirect the member from eBay to another page (such as the "replace" script) JavaScript Include and iframe.

Many people are not aware of the harm these scripts can cause and do not intentionally use these to cause harm; however, these types of JavaScript can be used for malicious purposes. Therefore, in the interest of security, we have eliminated the use of these scripts on our site.

Attempts to use the disabled scripts will return a very specific error message that begins: "Disallowed JavaScript/HTML Syntax" and you will be prevented from listing the item. Any other JavaScript error indicates a separate issue, and is not related to the disabling of these scripts.
    It cannot be used. If not, it should be able to be installed according to the demo page's instructions as long as it doesn't conflict with any other scripts on the page. Ebay most certainly has its own scripts that run on these pages, if you have no other scripts on the page, these Ebay scripts could be a source of conflict.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't know. Here is the link:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm
    Is this helpful?
    Connie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, I really would need to see the page you are trying to put this script on as well. Have you been able to setup a local copy of the script on your own computer? That would tell me if you have a problem with the script in general or just putting it on Ebay.

Have you been getting any errors when attempting this?

Also, I have little or no experience with Ebay so, it is possible that no scripts are allowed on the my page part as indicated in another response you received to a similar question in another part of these forums. The rules for the exact type of page that you want to put this on will need to be found and examined to resolve that point.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I can certainly send you to my "me" page but I have a slideshow that I have set up with Photobucket now so that would not help you. When I put the DD fade in slideshow into my template and go to practiceboard.com to look at it, it looks fine and works beautifully so I have to believe it is ebay.

Would you want to see the template with the DD slideshow javascript in it? I can do that. Just let me know.

Connie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is the Photobucket slideshow a javascript slideshow with javascript written on your Ebay page?

I really need to first determine if the script that you want to put on this page is allowed by Ebay on this particular page.

Please find out, if you do not already know with absolute certainty and let me know.

If it is allowed, yes - the template and a link to your existing me page would help.

The bottom line is though, if allowed, you need to put the script on the page correctly. Once all that is fulfilled, if it still doesn't work, an investigation into conflicts can be tried, as that would be the only remaining reason for a problem at that point. That sort of troubleshooting can be difficult sometimes but, we could get lucky and find an answer quickly. However, it is hardly worth the effort if the script isn't allowed or isn't installed correctly.
    - John