Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [DHTML] Real Time Syntax Highlighting JavaScript

Thanks

Just took a look in a supported browser. And it is pretty cool. My suggestion is you need a textarea backup. That way a browser like Opera(doesn't work I checked) can still be allowed to type. If you could implement that(without browser detection), I would be impressed even more.

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    Yes... how about \0? That shouldn't show on most systems.
    Twey
    yes, thanx
    Your idea lead me to other that seems to works.
    The \0 do not work in IE cuz it must be a visible character cuz IE actually search this character (like when you do a Edit > Find (on this page)) and it can't find it. But.. I found another character ­ that apperars to work great and is invisible. Need to do more testing.
    Thanx for the idea.

EDIT: Twey, I just notice that this will help to fix the undo/redo problem too
    Last edited by fermads; 08-20-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blm126
    Just took a look in a supported browser. And it is pretty cool. My suggestion is you need a textarea backup. That way a browser like Opera(doesn't work I checked) can still be allowed to type. If you could implement that(without browser detection), I would be impressed even more.
    blm126, I thought about a textarea version. Ill look at it when the main code gets more mature. Thanx.
    // TODO: textarea without syntax highlighting for non supported browsers