Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm Looking For Free Software

Thanks

Sorry, I read wrong. What platform are you on(windows/linux/mac)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blm126
    Sorry, I read wrong. What platform are you on(windows/linux/mac)?
    I'm using Winxp.

Everything is just about ready to go but I have to format those .mpg files because there just to BIG. I like windows media player and .wmv is a good format since they to load fast. Oh yea, I'm not going to join them together after all - but I still need to format them into wmv.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Once I'm done I'll be sure to show you guys what I've been doing.
    Hope you like it!
    "Only dead fish flow with the stream".
    - Unknown

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, mencoder should do it. Make sure to download the appropriate codecs from that site as well.

I would recommend RM over WMV, although only slightly. Ogg Theora is nice, but I doubt many people will have the codecs, a great pity.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Just wanted to let you know that I figured it out. All I needed was, "Easy DVD Rip" and "Magic Video Batch Converter". Mind you that it took about 8 hours to rip the DVD to my hard drive but it's coming along nicely.

Kind words of thanks for your help.
    It was very much appreciated.

"Only dead fish flow with the stream".
    - Unknown

Thanks

Unhappy Free Software and converting/burning software

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Thanks blm126,-When it comes to making good copies you need good software and good media or it's coaster time~

What I was actually looking for is a software that would convert the .mpg files into one playable video. The software you linked me up with converts the files but it doesn't join them - not as far as I can tell. However I may be wrong.

I've got 22 .mpg files so if you know of a software that would convert them into one playable video I sure would like to hear back from you.

Oh yes, another thing is that I would like to convert them to one .rm file.
    I like .rm because they load fast.--HYJACK!-sorry-The best and easiest way to convert is with the program called X TO DVD CONVERTER-they also make the COPY TO DVD software-the reason I like it is because it is simple to use and works everytime- and after it converts a video to dvd it will burn it for you!-One stop burning-I also use 1 CLICK DVD BURNER-very easy to use-both programs have trial use periods with full function-I also download a free program called dvd 14-If you use this software you should have no more problems burning ANYTHING!-check it out-as far as free stuff goes' try Download.com-

Thanks again!

Thanks

To make good copies you need good software and media-I use 1CLICKDVD COPY and Copy To DVD- Both work easy and fast-I use XTODVD CONVERTER-This program is easy and also will burn the dvd if you want after it converts it-it's like 1 stop burning!--1 click removes css and dvd 14 removes area restrictions on your player-and it is free-all 3 of these have trial versions that are fully functional-

Thanks

Ogg IS nice, but I hadn't heard about it until recently, and I had to install a new player. But... it's nice.

I hate RM. Use .mov, or if not, avi or even wmv. But never RM. It's horrible.
    It's proprietary* and not everyone has it, and it's just annoying.
    *yes, wmv is proprietary too, but comes default on like 90% of computer systems, so it's a better bet than RM which comes standard on none.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

*yes, wmv is proprietary too, but comes default on like 90% of computer systems, so it's a better bet than RM which comes standard on none.
    Standard on all Macs, I believe

I'll admit that RM is a pain, but I won't agree that WMV is better. RM's compression algorithm is superior to WMV's, and it supports things like streaming. Also, I think there's a Free codec for it, though I could be wrong there.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Only thing I hate about Windows Media Player is so many thing require codecs which don't seem to be available. I've never tried any other program though, except Quicktime which I hate because it seems to be really slow.