Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opencube menu Credit link question

Thanks

Default Opencube menu Credit link question

Hello every one
    My name is Intellectual Homer, first time user and visitor to this forum.

I have a question regarding the credit link. I searched the forums but didnít find an answer.

I have a webpage divided by two horizontal frames. The top frame holds from top to bottom, a horizontal Infinites Menu script, a banner jpg, and the credit link.
    Below is the second frame, which is going to hold all the websiteís content. This frame however, covers the credit link. Iíll explain why in a second.

I do not want to break the terms of use, so my question is: Can I, without removing the credit link from the first frame of course, place the credit link within every other page in the second frame as well so that it is still visible under all pageís credits and copyrights? or perhaps within a third always visible frame?

Iíll like to have the menu and the banner load only once, so that is why Iím using the frames, but the credit link distracts the viewer from the menu and people keep on clicking on it thinking is part of the website.

The page is not online yet, but Iíll like to know if this is possible before having to change the whole layout again in case is not. I am not very experienced on web design any more, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Intelectual Homer; 08-07-2006 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks

I hate to say this, but I have no cluse what you're talking about. So if you could possibly post the code, or put it online, I would be able to evaluate the question better Good luck
    - Mike

Thanks

haha!!, sorry about that. Ok I uploaded the page online just for this purpose. This is the temporary link at the moment:

On this one you cannot see the credit link due to the frame and I haven't added any pages in the frame below. I'd like to have the credit link with in the bottom or in a static third frame at the bottom instead to make up for the one on top.
    http://www.fantasyerotica.net/ccswebsite/frontpage.html

The top menu alone without frames is this:
    http://www.fantasyerotica.net/ccswebsite/topmenu.html
    Last edited by Intelectual Homer; 08-07-2006 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks

I can see what you are saying... but you do not have to have the link on your page to be okay in regards to copyright policy... as long as you have a reference in the source then that is enough to be within copyright laws...

However, if you really would like to keep that link, couldn't you just add it to your top menu, in the link section? maybe with the heading.... menu credits?

Thanks

pissa: For this script the link is required. See the link the OP originally gave.

Thanks

Oh yes, I understand that I don't have to have it every where as long as is present where the actual menu code is, but since the terms of use says it has to be VISIBLE on EVERY page where the menu is used I wasn't sure.

So you are saying I can use the frame over it as long as I include a direct link giving credit even if is not with in the same page and visible?

mhh... are you sure? I don't want lawyers sending notices to the people I'm building this website for.

Thanks

well why don't you put the menu script in an external file then use

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="URL.js"></script>
    in the <head> section of every page you have the navigation on... then you only need to use the reference once, and you will be in the compliance with copyright law

Thanks

an external file huh?... I see what you mean, Is been for ever since I designed a website so this things don't click right away in my head as they used to, I think I can make it work so that way I won't have to do all that risky and messy linkage, thanks!

Thanks

An external file does not meet the terms of use. The page(http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm) says that. You may use an external file. but you must also include the link.The page says it is a commercial script,so you may be able to pay someone to get rid of that link

Thanks

Ok then why not do this instead, keep the two horizontal frames, but only the banner will go on top, right on the begining of the second frame the complete script menu, then the website's content, and finally at the bottom along with the credit and copyright, the credits link, all in all pages that use the menu...

...or what the hell, I'll just buy the damn licence and add the cost of the menu program to my client's final cost amount.