Thread: Help with Tab Content Script

Thanks

Default Help with Tab Content Script

1) Script Title: Tab Content Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tabcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: Not having a problem with the script but would like to know if I can add loading image when a tab is click before the content is displayed, just like the one in Ajax Tabs Content script (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nt/index.htm)?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't think that there would be any noticeable lag during which to display a 'loading' graphic or message, since the content is already loaded, simply not displayed. If there is a problem with images, say - they could be preloaded.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks for the reply John.
    On my page I have 10 tabs displaying data from the database. I need the load image when the page is displayed to alert the users that the data in the tabs is being loaded. Depending on the query, it may take as long as 10 seconds before the content is displayed.
    I only need the image on first page load. Is it possible?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

When does this loading happen, exactly? Now it sounds like not as a tab is selected but, as the page itself is loading. You can have a graphic or message displayed and the removed. This removal could be on the basis of a set (arbitrary) time interval or in response to a detectable condition related to the page.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate