Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [DHTML] Cmotion Major Upgrade

Thanks

I would appreciate if any one can help make this script only scroll left and right when at the absolute ends (lefty / right)

Anotherwards I would like to have an left arrow and right arrow and it only starts scrolling left or right respectively when over the arrow. Instead of by cursor position. As I think this will be alot easier for the user to control and use.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

any one?

really would appreciate it. I think it would be a cool addition or alternation to this script and sure others would also really appreciate it.

Thanks

Without looking at the code, the basic idea would be to totally rewrite how it detects the mouse. Additionally, what's the "absolute edge"? Thinking specifically and logically, you could either use the image to closest to the edge (which would become smaller and smaller until replace at which point it would be large again), or you could define an area, which would take a significant amount more code.

The basic point of the script, how I see it, is that it works like that. Though, it could probably be converted. Might there be something similar that does what you want instead? Not sure if you'll find anything, but you might want to look around for something like that.

And, sorry, I'm not how to do it. Javascript isn't really my area. I'd just pick at the code and see what I could do. But that's about it.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

yeah I tried to look around, but surprisnly i coundn't find anything - considering I see this functionality on many sites.

What I want i guess is like
    http://www.shopbop.com/lookbook/look...34374302039870

Thanks

hmm.... ok.
    Well... onMouseover on the two images is what sets the motion.
    Just use the function for movement there, and that should be it.

Additionally, you should remove the code that exists now so it doesn't do anything. (I mean the code on the content onMouseover that causes the scroll.)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Thanked 3,199 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Blog Entries

Please post these type questions in the main help section as requested by ddadmin for another thread in this section:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...2&postcount=51
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default Question

I love this script and am using it here:
    http://www.lucchiniphoto.com/portfolio/families.html

Occasionally though, a picture will have a weird effect where you can see little random white squares. When I open the photo in my graphics program, there appears to be no problem, but it definitely looks funky on the site. Here's an example:
    http://www.lucchiniphoto.com/portfolio/families.html
    In the first photo of the couple with the dog, two dots appear on the guys sweater. On the 4th picture with the child's and adult's hands, the dots are almost tan, but when you click on the picture again in the lower slideshow, they become bright white.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it?
    Thanks,
    Deborah
    Deborah Whipp
    Web Designer
    Tallahassee, FL
    www.DWWebDesigns.com

Thanks
    Thanked 3,199 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dmwhipp
    . . .a picture will have a weird effect where you can see little random white squares.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it?
    Thanks,
    Deborah
    That has nothing to do with the Cmotion script. It has to do with the fading of the larger images, is a known issue affecting only .jpg images faded in IE that have been processed since the original image (if it is a photo) was made.

There are ways to work with it but, please do not post help questions in this section of the forums. This section is for the release and upgrading of scripts.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Sorry - I just did a search and replied when I found this thread. I'll pay more attention next time.
    Deborah Whipp
    Web Designer
    Tallahassee, FL
    www.DWWebDesigns.com

Thanks

Default thumb positionning

Hello.

Sorry for my english.
    Thank you 4 the cmotionscript.It's great!!!

I use the cmotion script with a sql db.
    When i click on a thumb in the carousel, the larger image is well displayed but the carousel(with the thumbs) return in the original starting position. And when you have many and many thumbs, you must slide and slide just to see the thumb who is after the first selected.

Is it possible that the carousel keep the position?

Thanks

macdeamon