Thanks
    Thanked 3,126 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default [DHTML] Cmotion Major Upgrade

1) CODE TITLE:Cmotion Major Upgrade

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: DD and jscheuer1

3) DESCRIPTION: A major upgrade to this already fine script:

• Allows for easy optional centering.
    • Percentage width may be used for the gallery to resize with the browser window.
    • Image train may be started left, center or right.
    • Eliminates 'b has no properties' error.

4) URL TO CODE:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...58&postcount=3

or see demo:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...auto_width.htm
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Great work jscheuer1!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nice. I see you've appropriately removed the "not the author of any DD scripts" line from your signature too.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nice update! Subtle but no doubt much requested features. I'll definitely post it to DD in the next couple of weeks. I'll try and sync the vertical version to match this one too, assuming the changes are adaptable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks dd, etal!

The percentage width feature probably wouldn't translate well to a percentage height feature for the vertical version due to the innate differences between a page's height and its width as calculated by the browsers. Something different might be able to be worked out. It would work for a percentage of the height of a containing element with a set height but, that is almost the same thing as having a fixed height to begin with. The other additions/changes shouldn't be too much of a problem to adapt.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Since it's using Javascript anyway, you may as well set the height as a specified percentage of the viewport's height.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    Since it's using Javascript anyway, you may as well set the height as a specified percentage of the viewport's height.
    Well, I thought about that but, that would be different on most pages than setting to a percentage of the view port width. Quite different in some cases.

Most pages' widths are the view port width. This can vary but, when it does it usually is acceptable, especially in any well designed page. This is not the case with a far greater number of page heights visa vis the view port height.
    - John

Thanks

Default Two Motion Galleries on the Same Page

What would I have to do in order to get two motion galleries to work on the same page?

Thanks,
    Mike

Thanks

Quick n00b question for ya. I'm able to use this gallery when it's all by itself, but when I add it into an existing html page with various layers, it stops functioning. The images display properly but the scroll function does not work. Any tips?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

To both Mminnig and Thumby55 -

Since DD has said that they will be adding this upgrade to the scripts library, if they haven't already, these type of questions would be better posed in the Dynamic Drive scripts help's main section. If the script isn't in the library yet, you can refer to this post as the URL of the script here on DD.

This sub forum is intended more for comments on the upgrade, rather than question about how to use it.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.
    - John