Advanced Search

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [DHTML] Cross-Browser Snake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin
    Ok, I'm going to post this script to DD soon. Did you want the OO version to be the one showcased? You should pick the one you plan on making any updates to to.
    The OO one, latest version is here. I have updated all my links to point to the OO one actually as it is much better code wise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    Press space.
    Like it says in the instructions.
    there's an instructions?

<edit>
    didn't click the newer version. thats why.
    Please don't mind me. I am just posting a lot of nonsense.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ok, script just featured on Dynamic Drive: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nake/index.htm A couple of suggestions on improvements:

-The blocks alignment seem to be a little off (between black and the red block). Also, when the black blocks hit the wall, they do not stop until going into the wall.

-The script relies on absolute positioning, which means in order to embed the script on a normal page, an iframe needs to be used. Otherwise, the orientation becomes out of place.

Thanks!

Thanks

-The blocks alignment seem to be a little off (between black and the red block). Also, when the black blocks hit the wall, they do not stop until going into the wall.
    As to the alignment, it is caused by the fact that the script doesn't have a true "grid system".Therefore, it is possible to hit the apple dead on, it is just not required.Also,I'll take a look and see if there is a fix for the wall problem.
    -The script relies on absolute positioning, which means in order to embed the script on a normal page, an iframe needs to be used. Otherwise, the orientation becomes out of place.
    I'll take a look and see if absolute positioning is really required(I doubt it is).However, I still think an iframe is a good idea. It will probably reduce the number of problems inexperienced people will encounter.

Thanks

Smile Small update

Ok, got some spare time for an update(based on your suggestions, and few of my own). Demo is here.
    Full support in
    • Firefox 1+
    • Opera 9+
    • IE 5.5+
    • Latest Safari

IE 5,Opera 7.5&8 don't support the opacity(not a big deal).I was unable to test Konqueror. Based on my previous problems I would say that konqueror will be a little jumpy when you hit the wall, besides that it should be fine(Twey, could you confirm?).
    A couple of suggestions on improvements:

Alignment has been fixed(wasn't as hard as I thought). The wall problem has only been partially fixed.
    Absolute positioning is still used. However, I added a position:relative to the parent so it won't be based off the body tag.Margins have been added to the demo to illustrate this.Also, I have made a small update to allow easy placement in a page(no iframe needed).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Great, the misalignment was a little disconcerting. I'll get to updating this script with the changes at the end of this week then. If you had something to add, please just post an update.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Based on my previous problems I would say that konqueror will be a little jumpy when you hit the wall, besides that it should be fine(Twey, could you confirm?).
    Confirmed. No opacity either.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    Confirmed. No opacity either.
    No opacity? I thought that was what -khtml-opacity was for.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I haven't figured out Konqueror's opacity yet. The newer versions are supposed (I think) to support the W3C opacity: property instead of -khtml-opacity:, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Ok, due to lack of support for opacity. I decided it is easier to fake it with background colors. Also, I modified it slightly to hopefully work better in Konqueror(I don't really know I lost my SLAX live cd).Updated link above.