Thread: process scanner

Thanks

Default process scanner

Hey, I am looking for a working process scanner.. This is not a code problem, I am looking for the actual application... I would appreciate anyone has it that they can send it my way.... sorry to sound arrogant, but if you dont knwo what it is, then you do not have it

Thanks
    Blog Entries

ps? top? strace?

ps lists processes. top shows process info like runtime, CPU usage, memory usage, &c. strace logs all the system calls made by a program.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

yes twey i know of that.. that will tell you all the processing running whether they are crutial or not. I am looking for a program that tells you which of your win32 files are necessary and which are not...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh, Windows. strace will do that, but I don't think there's a Windows version of it.
    Google it.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Hi

process explorer is a wonderful small tool from SysInternals which will do lots of additional stuff compared to the task manager.

It is a free product that you can downloadable from http://www.sysinternals.com

hope this will help you

Regards

Code Exploiter