Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: French characters not displaying correctly using HV menu.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default French characters not displaying correctly using HV menu.

    1) Script Title:
    HV Menu

    2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm

    3) Describe problem: When using french characters like in menu items text wierd characters showing instead. I figured that when i open the site my encoding is automatically set to Unicode (UTF-8) and those french characters are not displaying correctly but when i go and manually switch the encoding to Europe Occidental (ISO) french characters are showing correctly. I got this <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> in the head of my site but doesn't seems to affect the menu since any text using french characters outside the menu is showing ok.

    I need help please...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The url of my site is http://jmgd.no-ip.info/projects/thermopak/.

    In case that help.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,358
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Your server is configured to serve text/html in the UTF-8 encoding. A meta element will not change this as HTTP headers rightly take precedence; the HTTP headers should be the only source of encoding information on the Web (at least in my opinion).

    Either save your documents using UTF-8, or change your server configuration to use ISO-8859-1.

    Mike

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •