Thread: What happened to the so-called hacker?

Thanks

Default What happened to the so-called hacker?

Hmmm... I wonder what happened to the thread. (Hack Yahoo... MSN blah blah blah)

"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

The thread and/or one or more of the users posting in it was/were probably deleted. That's what happens in those cases where you somehow manage to find a link back to a thread like that which is no longer there. How did you find a link to it, did you use a search or what?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

E-Mail Notifications to Thread.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

the so-called hacker got banned from the forum and his thread(s) were deleted by ddadmin
    Please don't mind me. I am just posting a lot of nonsense.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

An old notification or a new one? I'm suspecting old. If it was a new one, it might have been generated when the thread was deleted. If that is what happened, it would be be a minor bug in the forum. If new, it also could have been generated by a change to thread before it was deleted, in which case there is nothing for it.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1
    An old notification or a new one? I'm suspecting old. If it was a new one, it might have been generated when the thread was deleted. If that is what happened, it would be be a minor bug in the forum. If new, it also could have been generated by a change to thread before it was deleted, in which case there is nothing for it.
    I haven't checked my e-mail in a while so that's probably why

Oh well.... Sucker probably got banned!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

It wasn't a "hacker", but a "spammer". Spam threads are always permanantly deleted without warning, with member banned.