Advanced Search

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [DHTML] Form Dependency Manager

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure I understand entirely what you're getting at here. You only want one of the "Transaction," "ACH Model" selects to show?

How about you explain exactly what you want, and I'll set it up for you? That way we can probably drop the "advanced gallery" and a lot of the other stuff I see on that page, which doesn't seem to be used anywhere in particular.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Correction: It is not working in Internet Explorer. Works fine in Firefox

Thanks

If I could I would replace every Internet Explorer browser on the planet with Firefox....
    - Mike

Thanks

In ff the form dependencies of ACH and Wire are working but the advanced gallery for the number of transactions is not.

when a user first pulls up this page they will select whether they are going to do ACH or Wires then select from the drop down menu how many transactions they intend to do. that's where I am using advanced gallery; it just redraws the page with the particular <div> subject (1 transaction, 2 transactions, 3 transactions, and so on) that the user selects.

I think what is happening is that when advanced gallery redraws the page it is not looking at whether the user has checked ACH or Wire. does that make sense? or maybe what is happening is that the browser runs the form dependency manager and ignores the advanced gallery.

I think I need to rethink this design.........

because now I'm confused.........

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ah, that would explain it. It's probably something to do with the Gallery script; I'll have a go at implementing that purely with the Form Dependency script.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

could I do that using a more complex boolean for form dependency? can I make a <div>'s class dependent on the transaction menu and the typetrans (ACH or Wire)?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It might require some modification to the script (depends what's allowed inside a <label>, I can't remember precisely at the moment) but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Update: Added "EMPTY" keyword at the behest of a user.

Thanks

Question

Hi Twey,

I am having difficulty when using the script in conjunction with another bit of code within my FORM....:

<input type="button" name="add" value="="
    onClick="document.subINV.totalValue.value =
    parseInt(document.subINV.totalQty.value) *
    parseFloat(document.subINV.buy.value)";>

Basically, I am allowing the user to calculate a line value
    (totalQty * buy)

... and see this displayed in another field (totalValue)

The above ceases to work when used with your Dependency script.

Can you please advise a workaround???

Thanks in advance,

N.

PS: The Dependency script is brill - thank you!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hm, yes, it rather mercilessly slaughters any events on the controls. I'll fix it.