Thread: CMS question

Thanks

Default CMS question

How do I use a mySQL database to make a little updatation thing to thier site. For instance, If the owner of a site wants to update thier site but dont know how to. I believe it is possible to use a database. When they update it they will be looking at the page they are changing.

*ps:does this make any sense.

Thanks

I think i'm looking for a CMS but i cant find a good one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What type of CMS are you looking for? A blog? General content management? In what language? There are so many CMS out there. I'd check out opensourcecms.com for a list of them and reviews.

Thanks

well, I need to know how to use mysql and make it where my client can update thier own website, looking at the page they are updating. I need help badly. This is also my first db.

Thanks

I need a cms for h.t.t.p.:././.w.w.w..C.a.k.e.s.b.y.p.a.t..n.e.t. Yes please of course take out all the.........(dots). A cms like a wikki but more like microsofts officelive if you have seen it.

Thanks

Thanks

i find the Joomla! Open Source CMS very good http://www.joomla.org

Thanks

You may want to take a look at www.CMSmatrix.com to features and comparisons.

A CMS requires quite a commitment for a small business, commercial or open source. An alternative for allowing business users to edit/add web pages is Adobe (Macromedia) Contribute. You add a few extra tags to your Dreamweaver pages setting up editable areas. Your business users then use Contribute to login and edit, a la Word. It allows the setup of permissions and access rights.

I doubt you need Dreamweaver to create the website and pages. There is a 'server' tool as well, but not sure if you need it. The best of all, it's an inexpensive solution to a CMS, especially for a small business.

Worth a look at least.

Christian