Thread: Something I've always wanted to know

Thanks

Default Something I've always wanted to know

I've always wanted to know how people place their URLs on videos. Reason being is that I've got some videos and I'd want to place my URL at the bottom right (small letters) of the screen.

I don't know where to start... What software is needed or anything! All I know is that I would like to be able to do it.

If you know how please share...

Thanks...
    "Only dead fish flow with the stream".
    - Unknown

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You need some video-editing software, such as Windows Movie Maker or LiVES.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

My goodness, your a wealth of information! Thanks again...
    "Only dead fish flow with the stream".
    - Unknown

Thanks

hi jack

The most common method of linking your Web page to your clips is through a Ram file, which is also called a metafile. This file uses the extension .ram and often has just one line that gives the full URL to your streaming clip or SMIL presentation. There are two reasons that you need to use a Ram file rather than link your Web page directly to your streaming clips:

1. The Ram file launches RealONE Player.

The file extension .ram causes a Web browser to launch RealONE Player as its helper application. RealONE Player might not launch when you link directly to a clip. When you link your Web page directly to a Flash Player file (extension .swf), for example, the browser launches Macromedia's Flash Player. If you intend to stream your Flash clip, you need to use a Ram file to launch RealONE Player instead.

2. The Ram file provides an RTSP URL for clips on RealServer.

Clips on RealServer stream over the RTSP protocol, rather than HTTP. This means that the URL used to request the clips must start with rtsp:// rather than http://. Because browsers cannot make RTSP requests, you link your Web page to a Ram file with an HTTP URL. The Ram file then gives RealONE Player the RTSP URL to your clips or SMIL presentation.

regards
    Chronis Tsempelis
    Marketraise Corp.

Suite 200 and 400,
    41-A East Merrick Rd.,
    Valley Stream,
    NY 11580
    Cell: 516-398-0996
    Tel: 516 887 1929.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think that's rather irrelevant to the question. He merely wants to display his URL in the bottom-right corner of the video.

Nowhere does he suggest that he's using a "RealServer;" if he doesn't intend to stream the clip, your entire post would be totally unhelpful even if it was related to the question in hand.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!