Advanced Search

Thread: Open page in same window, or close first window without alert

Thanks

Unhappy All I wanted for christmas... :-/

I posted this problem originally at december, 16th, but haven't received any answers. Is it really possible that there isn't any solution, or that nobody knows the solution?? Well, I try one more shot, pleaze post me an answer if you can help me!

I use the following code to open a new page, or more precisely, a frameset of several pages, in full screen mode:

<script>
    function fullwin(targeturl) {
    window.open(targeturl,"","fullscreen,scrollbars")
    }
    </script>

<form>
    <input type="button" onClick="fullwin('mypage.html')" value="Show My Frameset">
    </form>

(My last problem was related to the same script , I needed a code to make users able to close this fullscreen window.)

Problem 1
    This script opens a new window when button is pushed. When the full screen window is closed down, this page with the button is still on the screen. I want the new page to load in the same window, that is, replacing the contents in the window, like target="_top"

Q1: Can somebody out there see how I can modify or rewrite the code so that the new page loads in the same window?

Problem 2
    I've modifed the latter part to the following:

<form>
    <input type="button" onClick="window.close(); fullwin('mypage.html')" value="Show My Frameset">
    </form>

The above code closes the initial window before the new pages were loaded into a new window in full screen mode, BUT, the browser is showing an alert; "The page you are viewing are trying to close the window. Are you sure you want to close the window (Yes/No)". (Or something like that :-/ )

Q2: Do somebody out there know how to close the first window, whitout showing any alert? The first window should close while the new one was loading, whitout asking the user anything!

If someone is able to help me with one of these questions, my problem is solved. I would appriciate it an be very greatful!!! If you know the answer of either Q1 or Q2, or both, please post me an answer! :-)
    Last edited by JS Novice; 12-28-2004 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks

To load a page in the same window, try using

window.navigate("default.asp");

Thanks

Hi JS Novice!!!

Offcourse you can do this
    try this link
    http://vadivel.blogspot.com/2004/02/...nt-window.html