Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MySQL Database showing on a page.

Thanks

Angry MySQL Database showing on a page.

Hello,
    Is their anyway to make MySQL Database results show up in a web browser? As in the MySQL database tabel results will be shown on any page I want it to? The only option I want is for each seperate result to be deleted with a simple delete button. Anyone know of a script that can do this?

Thanks in advance,
    Joe
    Cheap Webhosting At ONE TIME fees! Also offering Scripts, Software, Web Designs, and Graphic Designs. Outstanding Designs and Webhosting!

Thanks

Clearly, you want this secure... so don't code it yourself.

The point of mysql is to use php (and other languages) to get the data then display, yes, as html.

however, in this case, you'd want to use a real manager for it, so it's secure, can do a bunch, etc.

I'd recomment myphpadmin, if you don't already have that. If you do, get used to it... it's a good way to navigate, once you get used to the controls.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Angry

Err... Dosen't need to be secure... I'm going to password protect it so its fine. And if its still not secure after the password than its not that big if a deal... Dosent matter to me if people can see it. I just want it to show on a page.
    Cheap Webhosting At ONE TIME fees! Also offering Scripts, Software, Web Designs, and Graphic Designs. Outstanding Designs and Webhosting!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Code:
    <?php
    $conn = mysql_connect('dbserver', 'dbusername', 'dbpassword');
    mysql_select_db('databasename');
    $tablename = 'mytable';
    if(isset($_GET['delete']))
      if(!is_numeric($_GET['delete'])) die();
      else mysql_query('delete from `' . $tablename . '` where id=' . $_GET['delete'] . ';');

$rs = mysql_query('select * from `' . $tablename . '`;');
    $row = mysql_fetch_array($rs);
    $cols = array();
    foreach($row as $k => $v)
      array_push($cols, $k);
    array_push($cols, 'del');
    echo('<table><tr>');
    for($i = 0; $i < count($cols); ++$i)
      echo('<th>' . $cols[$i] . '</th>');
    echo('</tr>');
    do {
      $row['del'] = '<form action="?delete=' . $row['id'] . '" method="get"><input type="submit" value="Delete"></form>';
      echo('<tr>');
      for($i = 0; $i < count($cols); ++$i) {
    ?>
    <td><?php echo($row[$i]); ?></td>
    <?php
      }
      echo('</tr>');
    } while($row = mysql_fetch_array($rs));
    echo('</table>');
    ?>
    Untested.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Angry

Ok do I need to change anything accept for the db info????

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No, so long as you have a unique numerical column called "id".
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

And how do you get that???

Thanks

?___?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Uh... you... add it to your table.

Thanks

Huhhh? Can you tell me how?