Thread: why does my page keep refreshing?

Thanks

Default why does my page keep refreshing?

when I press contact, the page refreshes resetting the page to home(in firefox). why? http://mysite.verizon.net/res8szeo/pv/default.htm In ie7 it just does not work. why?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Because you have an href. Return false from the event handler to prevent the default action:
    Code:
    <a href="" id= "main_menu_item_contact" onclick="SelectMenuItem('contact'); return false;">Contact</a>
    The usual thing to do when no non-JS alternative is available is to link to # or javascript:void(0); like so:
    Code:
    <a href="#" id= "main_menu_item_contact" onclick="SelectMenuItem('contact'); return false;">Contact</a>
    However, in your case you should link directly to the contact page, or create a seperate contact page to link to here if none exists, and set that as the href so non-JS browsers have somewhere to go.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Thankyou so much. This whole javascript thing is much diferent than my native c#...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ugh... you should go ahead and learn Java, C# is just a bad clone.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

lets not get into that argument, ok?

ps. did you see that Ken Lay just died?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hm, no, I hadn't. Interesting.