Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: [DHTML] Slashdot's Menu

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ok, script updated on DD to the newest version. Hopefully this will lessen alot of the questions that only pertain to the older version.

Thanks

Thanks! I have everything figured out, except for one thing:

In the new script, there's a line under every link in the submenu. How do I get rid of those?

Thanks,
    Mike

Thanks

Never mind, I figured out the underline thing using:

text-decoration: none;

Thanks for a great script! It really makes my website much more versatile for both myself and my visitors. I really appreciate it.

Mike

Thanks

Default Slashdot Menu

This is a beautifully elegant little menu. And everything works well in IE and Mozilla. However, in Opera, when the menu is collapsed, the headings are covered in arrows and illegible.

What modification do I have to make to stop this from happening?

Thanks.

Robert

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13 View Post
    However, in Opera, when the menu is collapsed, the headings are covered in arrows and illegible.
    Hmm, I don't have any problems with Opera (9.10).

What version of Opera are you using? Also do you have the same problem here, on DD: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/slashdot.htm

Thanks

7.54. Yes, the same problem arises with the URL you quote. I've been reluctant to update because everything was otherwise working properly. I'll obviously have to do so now.

Thanks for your help, and thank you for your elegant work.

Best wishes,

Robert

Thanks

Hello DimX,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the nice drop down menu (Slashdot Menu) that you have posted on www.dynamicdrive.com. I am having a problem when I type more than one line of text in the menu headings (when the text wraps around to the second line). When the menu collapses, the second line gets covered over by the menu heading below it so that you only see the first line.

What should I do to the script to make it work no matter how many lines of text I have in the menu heading? I had posted this question yesterday and would really like to find out how to tweak this script to make it work with more than one line of text.

Thanks

Linda

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leh12345678 View Post
    Hello DimX,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the nice drop down menu (Slashdot Menu) that you have posted on www.dynamicdrive.com. I am having a problem when I type more than one line of text in the menu headings (when the text wraps around to the second line). When the menu collapses, the second line gets covered over by the menu heading below it so that you only see the first line.

What should I do to the script to make it work no matter how many lines of text I have in the menu heading? I had posted this question yesterday and would really like to find out how to tweak this script to make it work with more than one line of text.

Thanks

Linda
    I haven't played with the new script yet, but if it's like the old one you can work around the bug by using a <br> code. Instead of having "This is a really long line" wrap on it's own, you would tell it, "This is a really<br>long line" and it solves the problem.

At least, it did.

Thanks

Default Safari support?

Hi DimX,

This is an awesome menu and does work well in Safari (and all other browsers), but the only problem I'm having in Safari is that I cannot get it to remember (store) the last menu state. When I either refresh the page or navigate to another page, it resets the menu in Safari. It doesn't do that with your demo I downloaded, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Ideas?

Thanks!
    Cy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cindysz View Post
    It doesn't do that with your demo I downloaded,
    Scratch this statement...can't get it to remember the menu states in the demo either in Safari...