Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [DHTML] Slashdot's Menu

Thanks

Smile Impressive but can the default state be set to collapsed?

I agree that having the menus default state collapsed would be valuable. For me I have a pretty big navigation bar with about 100 items. I can't see anyone wanting to contract the list from an expanded state. If it is collapsed I could see them wanting to expand it.

If the menu is short enough to come uncollapsed why would anyone contract it?

Thanks for your hardwork though - it is quite a feat what you have so far.

John

Thanks

How to add expand collapse all

<a id="expandAll">expand</a> and <a id="collapseAll">collapse</a> all

Thanks

1) Script Title: Slashdot Menu

Hi! i was trying out Slashdot menu, it works great! thanks. However after i tried single navigation bar i.e. "Home" in IE 6 i noticed div tag, is shown, even though it is empty, in FF it does not show,

here's example

http://kriskl.gotdns.com/riga2/menuval.php

Anyone maybe knows, what is best approach to this problem, how to create not expandable bar in this menu?

Thanks

Hi.

Im a newb web designer.
    This is a great menu but im having trouble working out how to make a chosen sub menu appear collapsed on first pageload.

If its the JS file I have to adapt. what do I need to add. ?

many thanks
    JOn.
    Last edited by its_jon; 07-10-2006 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks

Here's what I'm looking to do, from the other thread. If anyone could figure it out, I would be very grateful!

When the page loads for the first time, all menus should be collapsed. Every time a sub menu is clicked on and expanded, I'd like any other open submenus to close. I don't want more than one menu open at the same time. I'd like it to continue to remember which menu is open throughout pages, but again, I only want one open at a time. This possible?

Thanks!

Dan

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ok guys, please try and not post requests or solicit help in the "Submit a DHTML" forum. You should just start a thread in the Dynamic Drive scripts help forum. I've made a note of the requests above, and perhaps the original author may also be interested in some of these suggestions for future updates to the script.

I will say the ability to expand/contact all of the menu sections, plus specify certain sections to be contracted initially, is a useful feature, and most likely will be added one way or another the next time it's updated, whether by me or the author himself.
    Last edited by ddadmin; 07-10-2006 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks

Thanx a lot!

Thanks

This is a very nice menu script!

It would be awesome if it worked on Safari. I wished that I didn't care, but unfortunately I do ;-)

The actual slashdot's menu seems to work everywhere, as does this menu which seems to use a similar mechanism for expanding and collapsing (or at least, the effect) as DimX's

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSOrg
    How to add expand collapse all
    Sorry to bother, but I'm a little new in this area :P , would you tell where should I insert the code "<a id="expandAll">expand</a> and <a id="collapseAll">collapse</a> all"?

My problem is that I have too many categories and I need it to load collapsed. Here's the code, but I don't know where to put it.

Thank!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ok, just a note that the Slashdot menu on DD has now been updated for a contract/ expand all function: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/slashdot.htm