Thread: Font Settings in MS Front Page 2003

Thanks

Question Font Settings in MS Front Page 2003

Hi Everybody.

Can someone help me by telling me where I can change the text size font settings in MS Front Page 2003.
    What I want to do is change the font size from size 2 (10pt) to exactly 10 pt.
    The average font size settings are size 1 to 7 but when I copy text from MS Word and paste it into Front Page, the font size shows exactly 10 pt and this size can not be changed in the IE font size settings.
    So where I can set the font size to exactly 10 pt for example.
    I looked everywhere but can figure it out.

Thanks in advance.
    Cheng

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You shouldn't specify font sizes in points. Points are a size based on real-world measurements, and so can vary dramatically onscreen. You should use percentages instead.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Thanks but where do I change the font size to percentage in Front Page.
    And what are exactly 10pt in percent?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

For your first question, I have no idea. I don't use FrontPage and would recommend that you drop it as well, to avoid just such problems as this (and so that you can write actual valid HTML).

For your second, there is no exact equivalent size in percentages. That's the point. 10pt will look drastically different to various people depending on all sorts of factors like window size, monitor size and screen resolution. Percentages will also look different, but they will resize regularly, so you can define how big they will be in relation to the user's default text size, which can be assumed to be readable.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Hi Twey.

What HTML Editor do you recommend?

How about Dreamweaver or CoffeCup?

The thing is I don't know how to work with style sheets CSS and Dreamweaver is build to use CSS.

Anyway is there a way to change the text from size 2 (10pt) to just 10pt?
    If that is good or not but that is what I want to do now, because it works for what I'm doing at the moment.
    Only I just dont want to rewrite the whole text, because this way I know how to do it.
    But I just want to change it like select the text and change the font size to 10 pt straight nothing else.
    I hope you or someone else can give me a hint here.

Thanks again.
    Cheng

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What HTML Editor do you recommend?
    Notepad will do at a stretch. If you've got time to learn, vim is a very nice editor.
    Anyway is there a way to change the text from size 2 (10pt) to just 10pt?
    If that is good or not but that is what I want to do now, because it works for what I'm doing at the moment.
    Only I just dont want to rewrite the whole text, because this way I know how to do it.
    But I just want to change it like select the text and change the font size to 10 pt straight nothing else.
    I think the problem here is that FrontPage uses the outdated FONT element, rather than CSS. FONT does not allow the designer to specify a unit.

Thanks

I'd much rather use WordPad. It's just like notepad, and comes standard, but it supports tabs, wraps long lines, and just is easier to deal with. Notepad will display the [] (square block) characer in place of a few html-supported things, like tabs, sometimes... wordpad just feels friendlier.
    But, of course, just type... don't use any formatting... that will screw things up.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum