Thread: Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow cutting off slideshow images when viewing in Netscape

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow cutting off slideshow images when viewing in Netscape

Iím working on a new web site and would love to use the Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow, however I canít for the life of me figure out why Netscape is causing my slideshow images to now display properly. Iíve tested in IE and FF; however Netscape v7.02 seems to cut off the top of my slideshow images. Not sure what Iím doing wrong. Any advice or cure to this problem is greatly welcomed. Here is the link that will show an example of what I am referring to. Remember to use Netscape to see the problem. http://www.gracekids.org/c4/ (Site is under development). Thank you very much!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 3,154 Posts
    Blog Entries

I took a look at this and it looked fine in NS7. In IE6, there was a gap in the layout though.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hi John and thanks for taking a look. Not sure why when I look at http://www.gracekids.org/c4/ in Netscape 7.02, the slideshow is cut off at the top of the images. Its supposed to be 98 pixels in height and in Netscape v7.02 its showing around 50 or so. I've tried everything and can not figure this out. I'll have to take it off if I can't get it to work. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks again! Carlos

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Only thing I can think of is a different version of NS, I have v7.2 but, perhaps that is what you meant by 7.02. Maybe you are viewing a cached copy, try clearing your cache in NS.

BTW, the gap in IE is gone now.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hey John, thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your time. I've been using Netscape 7.02 and the script keeps cutting off the images. But I just downloaded and installed 7.2 and that works. Go figure!!! I guess i'll just leave it as is, what do you think? I'm just hoping most people update their browsers. Wish it worked in both. Have a great evening and thanks again for your time on this. Carlos

Thanks
    Blog Entries

NS is up to the v8's now and not that many people use NS anymore, there probably will not be all that many folks with 7.02 out there. I keep 7.2 only because I like certain capabilities of its design mode and because it is an old favorite. I browse almost exclusively in the most recent release versions of Opera, FF and IE - no betas.
    - John