Thread: Can I slow down the fade speed in the "ultimate fade in slide show"?

Thanks

Default Can I slow down the fade speed in the "ultimate fade in slide show"?

Greetings all, new to the group..

script - ultimate fade in slide show
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

I use this very nice slideshow in a couple of sites, but for one I'd like to just slow down the speed/transition between slides. I'm trying to do this to show a series of photo's so that it seems like one long transition from a very blurred photo to the finished product. I notice that when I view it thru a dial up (28.8) connection on a slower machine it almost has the effect I want, not sure if its because of the older pc, slow connection, or both though.

I'm not comfortable enough with the inner working of java script to go in and muck about with the settings, so if someone could help me out here with a suggestion or two or even let me know if this is possible with this script I'd be very grateful!

TIA
    Last edited by Glen_S; 06-22-2006 at 04:44 PM. Reason: adding script name to post

Thanks
    Blog Entries

There are two ways to slow down the transition:

1) Decrease the amount of opacity added during each "step" of the transition, by editting the line:

Code:
    obj.degree+=10
    to something smaller, like:

Code:
    obj.degree+=5
    2) Increase the number of miliseconds between each step, by editting the line:

fadeclear[this.slideshowid]=setInterval("fadepic(fadearray["+this.slideshowid+"])",50)

Change 50 to a larger number, such as 100, 200 etc. You can try both methods if you wish.

Thanks

thanks ddadmin!

I'll give those suggestions a try!

Glen