Thread: Good javascript debugging

Thanks

Default Good javascript debugging

Can anybody suggest a good javascript debugger?

I am still in the begining stages of javascript and am having a heck of a time with debugging.

Thanx for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are commercial programs that others may recommend as well as some free ones perhaps but, I recommend getting the latest FireFox browser and using its javascript console.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The Firefox Javascript console is excellent, but for more complex projects you might want to try the Venkman Javascript debugger, available as an addon to Firefox.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    The Firefox Javascript console is excellent, but for more complex projects you might want to try the Venkman Javascript debugger, available as an addon to Firefox.
    Thanks !!! I'll try it! I had some troubles with my javascript a few days ago, and I have found the built-in javascript console in Firefox a bit clumsy (eg. in an outer js file there's a function, and I wanted to see the value of its variable in runtime ...)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    I got this tool and it launched once from the tools menu after installation and restart of FF, now it does nothing, any ideas?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hm, no. I'd just point out that Firefox has to be compiled without --disable-jsd, which can be achieved by adding "mozdevelop" to the USE flags under Gentoo.

John: the third comment down seems to have had the same problem as you.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Try 1st JavaScript Editor.
    1st JavaScript Editor Pro is advanced JavaScript Editor, Validator and Debugger for beginners and professionals!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Spammer.