Thread: Tripod+Block ads

Thanks

Default Tripod+Block ads

Hello fellow free tripod members. I just found a way to block the ads in your tripod pages. just place this simple thing in your style:

Code:
    #tbtable{
    display: none;
    }
    You can use visibility if you want that space to be used up.

BORING LICENCE AGREEMENT: YOU MUST AGREE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISUSE OF THIS SCRIPT/TIP. I WON'T BE RESPONSIBLE IF TRIPOD BLOCKS YOUR SITE. SO PLEASE READ THE TRIPOD TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND PRIVACY POLICY BEFORE USING THIS.

Thanks

I know why one would do that. But the outcome is that your site will be DELETED...

Thanks

Heh, good catch.

However, as you say, tripod will probably delete your account.

I wonder how long it would take them, though. Heh.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

you can make a fake advertisement for them though.

But i think they would probably delete your account so I placed the boring long licence agreement. But check the privacy policy and terms of agreement if they did not include anything like deleting your account then we'll hit a jackpot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shachi
    you can make a fake advertisement for them though.
    If you want to break the law, sure.

But i think they would probably delete your account so I placed the boring long licence agreement.
    That is insufficient.

But check the privacy policy and terms of agreement if they did not include anything like deleting your account then we'll hit a jackpot.
    Of course they did.

First, starting with Clause 1, Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions:

By using the Products and Services, you are agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by, and to comply with, these Terms and Conditions and any other posted guidelines or rules applicable to any individual Lycos Network web site, Product or Service. All such guidelines and rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions.
    That essentially means that by using a Tripod account (free or otherwise), you legally bind yourself to all conditions described in the Terms and Conditions document, which includes agreeing to be tried (if necessary) under Massachusetts, USA state law. It also means that you, the user, will have read any additional rules linked from the Terms and Conditions document that apply to your usage of its Products and Services.

Next, Clause 2, Conditions and Restrictions on Use states:

Use of the Products and Services is subject to compliance with these Terms and Conditions. You acknowledge and agree that Lycos may terminate your access to the Lycos Network or to any of the Products and Services should you fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions or any other guidelines and rules published by Lycos. Any such termination shall be in Lycos' sole discretion and may occur without prior notice, or any notice.
    So, a breach of the agreement can lead to an immediate termination of the user's account.

Finally, in Clause 12, Web Publishing (Angelfire, Tripod, Domains, HTML GEAR), it is quite clear that the user must "acknowledge and agree that Lycos runs advertisements on the web pages of its users of unpaid services and grant Lycos the right to do so." Therefore, interfering with those advertisements is a material breach of the agreement, and anyone found doing so are liable to lose their account.

Promoting this sort of activity is (at least in my opinion) a breach of the terms and conditions for the use of these forums (in the spirit of rule 1.4). You should expect to find this thread deleted when the administrator reads it, or at least your post edited (to perhaps leave the above intact as a notice to others).

Mike

Thanks

I really think that it'd be better if it gets deleted.

Thanks

Falling asleep with Tripod's TnC already
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide