Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAMP & Dreamweaver MX

Thanks

actually dj now that you emtion it... i removed MAMP too many hassles... i installed MySQL and all is working fine... have added a new user with a goo dpassword... Do i just delete the user localhost?

Thanks

haha, alright.
    hmm.... you wouldn't want to delete the user, I don't think, but not use it for security reasons. Let's see what Twey says, he'll know more about that.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No, leave the root user alone, it's needed for maintenence. However, change the password to something very secure. Off-hand, I recommend:
    !e2@*T!ix$g8

Obviously this is just an example, and you certainly shouldn't use this password now it's been posted on the Internet.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Guys... ok I put a password on the root, on local host now I can't login into myAdmin at all... it's died... what did I do wrong? This is the error:
    Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.8.1

Probably reason of this is that you did not create configuration file. You might want to use setup script to create one.

Error
    MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You need to set your password up correctly with phpMyAdmin. However, I recommend not using phpMyAdmin at all, and instead administering your databases with the simple "mysql" command-line client. You will get a much better feel for the language that way.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

i can't access phpMyAdmin now I just keep getting that error... any way to fix it?

Thanks

actually how can I fix it with the terminal then? i might try and learn it this way like you suggested... i use a mac and can never access my sql though... typing /usr/local/mysql, although if i type this into the terminal /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin it gives me all the info about MySQL

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Just run the "mysql" program, wherever it may be located on your system, with -uusername -p. For example:
    Code:
    $ mysql -uroot -p
    It will then prompt you for a password, before logging into localhost.