Advanced Search

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAMP & Dreamweaver MX

Thanks

Default MAMP & Dreamweaver MX

Hi all,

I am trying to connect my database I created using MAMP to Dreamweaver MX is anyone familiar with the settings I would need to use in Dreamweaver to make a testing server and then connect to the database?

Thanks,
    Tom

Thanks

I don't think that dreamweaver works with a database. You'd make your php (or other) page in DW, then view and that would be what connects, not DW.
    I think, anyway. That's how it works with mysql.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

In Dreamweaver I can select a testing server and also make a database connection... but can't seem to make that connection... i use localhost <username>root <password>root... still no go

Thanks

I wouldn't know, then. didn't realize it had db integration.
    maybe localhost is wrong.
    never tried to connect with dw myself, so can't really help, sorry.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Shouldn't be logging in as root.

Are you sure that your password is right? If it is, it shouldn't be; that's a really stupid password, especially for the root account.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Well... it's just on his local machine. But, yeah.
    Maybe you're just giving us an example?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Doesn't matter... it's open to the Internet, unless s/he's behind a firewall; even if s/he is, it'll make his/her machine more vulnerable in the possibility that somebody does get past that firewall.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Sure, but I figure once someone's one my computer, there's a lot more important stuff I wouldn't want people getting than the contents of a database. Then again, this database might contain something particularly special.
    Either way, though, I'd agree changing it doesn't hurt and probably helps.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Getting past a firewall doesn't always equal gaining access to a computer If someone were, for example, to gain access to another machine on the network, it would leave the Mac open.

Thanks

Eh, that's true. I'm assuming tomy didn't give us his password, though. Right? Help us end this cycle