1) Script Title: Snow Effect
2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/snow.htm
3) Describe problem: Not exactly a problem, I've been trying to change the url of the image as described in the tutorial where the script is, but it's not working. I want to put this image: http://imageshack.us/a/img809/6562/xzf.gif to fall as snow.
Thank you very much. :)
Without a link to your web page all I can suggest is to check the following things;
- that the image path is correct (use an absolute/full path while troubleshooting)
- that the file extension is correct (for example, .gif rather than .png, or .GIF)
- that the letter-case matches (a Windows server/computer is NOT case sensitive but a UNIX server IS, so make sure that the file name/path in the script matches the name/path to the image EXACTLY)
For more help, please provide a link to your page.
Sorry, I forgot to put my forum's address. Here it is: http://erydia.forumeiros.com/
Yes, the URL is correct, so is the file extension. I'm starting to think maybe I'm pasting the URL in the wrong place, or maybe I'm not putting it in the right place of the website.
Are you sure that's the right page?
I ask because I viewed the source code and searched on "snow" (from the script's copyright notice, and referenced several times in the script variables) and "xzf.gif" (the name of your image) bit I couldn't find anything on the web page.
Yes, that's the right one. But don't worry. As you might have noticed I'm having a little trouble to understand the tutorial, maybe because of its language. Right now I'm talking to the people from Forumeiros and asking them for directions. Once the forum is "held" by them, I'm sure they will be able to make this work.
Thank you very much for your time and cooperation, Beverleyh! You guys have a very good forum here!