AJAX Tabs and Internet Explorer
I'm working on updating a website and I was really pleased with how AJAX Tabs looked and worked (I had been working on writing something similiar, but this saved me a lot of time).
Before I used it I tested the demo once it was setup on my server in all the major browsers and it worked.
However once I finished populating each of the tabs/pages with my own content it all stopped loading in Internet Explorer (IE)
The first tab always loads since the code for that information is all right there before the start function is called. However when you click on any subsequent tabs the bundled loading icon and "Requesting content..." appear but it never loads.
It still works fine in Firefox, Mozilla, and Safari however.
Solution Found--Problem in AJAXTab Script
It turns out that it isn't an error in IE, its a problem (sortof) with the script.
hostname returns the hostname portion of the url
var modifiedurl=ulistlink.getAttribute("href").replace(/^http:\/\/[^\/]+\//i, "http://"+window.location.hostname+"/")
host returns the hostname + the port
so the changed code would be
Both IE & Firefox/Safari's take on what to do make sense, so neither is 'right'
var modifiedurl=ulistlink.getAttribute("href").replace(/^http:\/\/[^\/]+\//i, "http://"+window.location.host+"/")