View RSS Feed

JavaScript & Ajax

1. Combining Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow 2.1 and Lightwindow 2.0

I've found that this actually can work. It makes an interesting use of the slide show's undocumented oninit feature, and how well the slide show is written visa vis jQuery's No Conflict mode. I would generally advise using two scripts which work off of the same script library, rather than two different script libraries. However, in this case both scripts are so robust, who can resist?

That said, all you need to do to set up a demo is to follow the instructions for Ultimate Fade ...

Updated 09-24-2010 at 09:57 PM by jscheuer1 (Flesh out Links to demo, source scripts)

Categories
    DD Scripts Mods , JavaScript & Ajax
  2. Document.write issues

The Ajax Includes Script given at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...axincludes.htm uses document.write for including external content. Advantage: you don't have to explicitly bring the js belonging to the external file(s) to the main page. But beware the results in certain cases! In IE, (external) scripts added to the page using document.write are not run until after the document.write that adds them has finished. Non-IE browsers will run them straight away. So
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">

Updated 05-16-2009 at 11:55 PM by molendijk (Forgot to mention category)

Categories
    JavaScript & Ajax
  3. Updating a JavaScript to be XHTML compliant

As a webmaster you've undoubtedly noticed the increasing shift in coding practices from HTML to XHTML on the web. If you're a professional web designer, you've probably even heard it first hand from your clients who demand their web pages be XHTML compliant. I get quite a lot of emails on a monthly basis asking for help in making a webpage that contains a DHTML script to be XHTML compliant. A common misconception is that this is a difficult process, which can be no further from the truth.
  4. Using Google to host your jQuery (or other) JavaScript libraries

A growing number of scripts here on DD utilize the popular jQuery JavaScript library as its backbone, which means at the top of these scripts you'll see a reference such as:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.2.6.pack.js"></script>
    which obviously requires you to download and host "jquery-1.2.6.pack.js" locally on your server. For those of you who likes to minimize hosting your own files for whatever reason, Google ...
    Categories
    JavaScript & Ajax
  5. Javascript Motion Effects Library

I have created a motion effects library and aptly named it Javascript Motion Effects Library or the Jasme Library. I created it mainly to allow people to do complex effects with little code. Jasme works in firefox 3, safari, IE 7, and all other modern browsers. Jasme can move almost all variables of an object* and is very easy to use. When multiple actions are placed on the object, Jasme goes through a queue. You may use the library as long as you keep the label intact.Example1 Example2 Example3 ...
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast