View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Lightbox Bad, SlimBox Good

The title overstates the point. Both these scripts in their latest versions are pretty darn good as are many of the other Lightbox type scripts out there (see end for two others or Google Lightbox for more, though not all are as good as those mentioned here, many including the original Lightbox mentioned in the title of this blog entry are).

Here's the real story -

Some time ago Dynamic Drive's Lightbox by Lokesh Dhakar was added to the Dynamic Drive official scripts. ...

Updated 07-08-2014 at 04:50 PM by jscheuer1 (add update for more recent jQuery versions)

Categories
    DD Scripts Mods , Post a JavaScript , JavaScript & Ajax , Web Design issues
  2. Broadcast your YouTube-playlists

People using YouTube-playlists do so on their YouTube-channels, most of the time. But we don't need YouTube to broadcast our YouTube-playlists. We only need YouTube to create them and to determine our playlist-number(s). If you want to broadcast your playlists outside any channel, do the following.

Go to http://www.youtube.com/my_videos. (You have to create a YouTube account if you are 'new').
    Create a playlist and add videos to it by clicking on 'add videos', or simply add ...

Updated 07-19-2011 at 07:55 PM by molendijk

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Updating Menu scripts for iPad/iPhone and Android devices

Mobile devices such as the iPad, iPhone or Android tablets are pretty on par with modern desktop browsers when it comes to rendering JavaScript, though that's not to say they do so without hiccups. One of the more crippling limitations is mobile devices' lack of support for the onmouseover/out events of JavaScript, which if you think about is more of a fundamental "shortcoming" of touch based devices in general rather than a deliberate act of omission. Regardless, this lack of support ...

Updated 07-18-2011 at 06:35 AM by ddadmin

Categories
    DD Scripts Mods
  4. A Strange Menu-Include

I was playing around with some code recently and discovered - more or less by accident - that we can include any fully functioning standalone menu by doing the following. The scripts and styles belonging to the external file will be preserved after inclusion:
    1. We put this script just before the closing body-tag of the external file:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    try{top.document.getElementById('container_div').innerHTML=document.documentElement.innerHTML}
    Categories
    JavaScript & Ajax
  5. (Beginners) Easy ways to speed up your web pages

This week I was asked to look at and offer opinions on a student's website project.

Now, its been a while since I was in student-shoes but it brought back memories of the mistakes that I made myself back when I was first learning how to make websites so I thought I'd create my first blog about the easy mistakes and easy fixes that can really help improve loading times.

My first observation is with the common development path that a lots of new-starters take when making ...

Updated 04-16-2011 at 09:30 AM by Beverleyh (completing what I started)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast