View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Crawler Interim Updates

Adds: persistence option, oncontentinit option, auto detect of a single table with a single row for optionally randomizing its td's, code efficiencies.

Applies to:

Text and Image Crawler v1.5

What many people don't know about Crawler is that it makes a duplicate train of its text and/or images so that they may be looped/viewed in a continuous manner without spaces or jumpiness.

That's fine as long as you're not trying to initialize that ...

Updated 10-09-2012 at 11:24 AM by jscheuer1 (add table auto detect, details, update attached script)

DD Scripts Mods , Post a JavaScript
  2. [jQuery-append] includes HTML as well as JS

Create a string that is the JS-equivant of the DD Anylink standalone menu (or of any standalone menu) with the help of a good HTML-to-JS-converter. Make sure that all JS and CSS are made inline before conversion. Name the string included_js.
    Create a script like this:
    var included_js = STRING, where STRING represents the string you just created.
    (in the Anylink-case, STRING representsw THIS) and put the script ...

Updated 08-20-2012 at 01:26 AM by molendijk (Correction)

Post a JavaScript
  3. Order Form w/current options live total

Okey doke,
    there haven't been any blogs in a while, so I thought I might have some. It's about a thread I was on (here) in which Williamsun wanted a form which autosummed a price. I ended up coming up with something along these lines.
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "">
    <html xmlns="">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
  4. BG Carousel Links

I found a fairly easy way to add optional links to the Dynamic Drive Script:

Background Image Carousel

First a demo:

BG Carousel Links - Demo

Now, how to:

Using a text only editor like NotePad, add this highlighted style as shown to the bottom of the on page styles (modified from Step 1 on the demo page):

. . . ctedslide div.desc{ /* CSS for currently selected slide's desc div */

Updated 07-25-2012 at 01:17 AM by jscheuer1 (attach modified version of script, link to demo, update comments in script)

DD Scripts Mods , Post a JavaScript , JavaScript & Ajax
  5. News from YouTube

I wanted to post the news some time ago, but I was afraid I was wrong. So I waited.
    It seems, however, to be the truth and nothing but the truth (for the time being): YouTube have removed their ads from all videos except the ones that have (And even there, the ads are gone when we use IE or Firefox).
    So now we can embed YouTube videos - in an iframe or flash object - without resorting to all kinds of malicious means to remove the ads (which does ...

Updated 07-04-2012 at 11:47 PM by molendijk (Correction)

Flash related
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast