View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. CleanYouTube

Some time ago I explained on my blog how we can play youtube-videos without the clutter through our own domain (well, sort of), see this. Some people who are using the script have told me that it works well, but that its usage is a bit cumbersome.

So I decided to create a new script that is supposed to be more user-friendly. It has two parts, which are interlinked:
    (i) a part displaying a page where the user can directly type a cleanyoutube-URL into the address bar (url: http://mesdomaines.nu/cleanyoutube); ...

Updated 10-15-2014 at 09:19 PM by molendijk (Example added.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. RWD CSS3 Any Content Slider (JS auto-play)

Today I revisit the Responsive CSS3 Any Content Slider, enhancing it with auto-play and start/stop controls (and later, a large touch-toggle with swish 'zoom' animation), thanks to a sprinkle of JavaScript.

But first, a recap on the CSS-only version that was covered in an earlier blog post, mainly just as a reminder about usage of the checkbox hack to emulate click events via CSS - that's what gives it functionality without JavaScript, but, I was contacted and asked to make it play ...
  3. Beat the 300ms Delay on Touch, and Close Sub-Menus

One of the most annoying things on touch devices is the way that CSS hover activated menus stay open until another link is clicked. Well, this example fixes that;

UPDATED! Responsive CSS3 Multi-Level, Drop-Down Menu

(Earlier releases of the Drop-Down menu have been replaced with better support for tap-activated sub-menus on touchscreen - reverted to using the arrow labels and checkbox hack [like the Fly-Out version does] - they're there for mobile view so why not use ...
  4. Loading files into divs having a custom src attribute

The HTML src attribute supports frame, iframe, img, input and script elements. It does not support the div element. But HTML 5 gives us the "data" attribute that lets us define custom attributes within HTML elements. We can create whatever we want: <div data-brand=..., <div data-mymusic=... etc. So we can also have <div data-src=...

We can retrieve the value of the "data-" attributes by using getAttribute() and then use the output in all sorts of javascript ...

Updated 08-16-2014 at 10:33 PM by molendijk

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 3 Ways to Resize/Scale Web Images in Responsive Design

Images can be tricky to deal with in a responsive environment; by nature they are a 'static' element with specific dimensions, so how can we manipulate them into working with our lovely fluid/flexible web layouts? Thankfully there are a few techniques, and this post rounds up my top 3.

Please note, this article mostly covers visual resizing in a web browser, and not any "true" responsive image techniques, i.e. serving different images to different screen sizes. These are ...

Updated 08-16-2014 at 10:26 AM by Beverleyh

Categories
    CSS related , Web Design issues
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast