View RSS Feed

molendijk

1. Preventing flicker when navigating between pages

Pages that contain heavy script files may produce a white flash (flicker) when the user navigates between them. This flicker often occurs in IE and Chrome, less often so in Firefox. There are different solutions proposed on the Internet for solving the problem. I noticed they don't always work.

There's a good chance the flicker goes away if you do the following:
    - Put your html-lines before your js-lines as much as possible. We can often move scripts (normally put in the head ...

Updated 08-12-2013 at 06:44 PM by molendijk

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New windows, new tabs and popup blockers

(To see and test what this is all about, you should download Safari if you haven't already done so. After that, use the code below with popup blocker enabled AND with popup blocker disabled, using Safari).

When a new window or tab is not explicitly requested by the visitor of a site i.e. when the window's appearance is attached to such events as onload or onunload, popup blockers (if enabled) will prevent a file from being opened. But when the window's appearance is attached to an ...

Updated 12-07-2012 at 11:58 PM by molendijk

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Putting text on top of a video

In July 2010 an enhancement to the YouTube video embed capability became available through a new embed code style. This style uses <iframe> and looks like this:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO_ID?" frameborder="0"></iframe>

After VIDEO_ID? we can add the normal parameters, like this:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO_ID?start=0&amp;autoplay=1&amp;rel=0&amp;showinfo=0&amp;autohide=0&amp;modestbranding=1&amp;vq=large"

Updated 10-14-2012 at 07:10 PM by molendijk

Categories
    JavaScript & Ajax , CSS related
  4. [jQuery-append] includes HTML as well as JS

Create a string that is the JS-equivant of the DD Anylink standalone menu (or of any standalone menu) with the help of a good HTML-to-JS-converter. Make sure that all JS and CSS are made inline before conversion. Name the string included_js.
    Create a script like this:
    Code:
    <script>
    var included_js = STRING, where STRING represents the string you just created.
    </script>
    (in the Anylink-case, STRING representsw THIS) and put the script ...

Updated 08-20-2012 at 01:26 AM by molendijk (Correction)

Categories
    Post a JavaScript
  5. News from YouTube

I wanted to post the news some time ago, but I was afraid I was wrong. So I waited.
    It seems, however, to be the truth and nothing but the truth (for the time being): YouTube have removed their ads from all videos except the ones that have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID. (And even there, the ads are gone when we use IE or Firefox).
    So now we can embed YouTube videos - in an iframe or flash object - without resorting to all kinds of malicious means to remove the ads (which does ...

Updated 07-04-2012 at 11:47 PM by molendijk (Correction)

Categories
    Flash related
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast