View RSS Feed

Flash related

Flash, Adobe Air, ActionScript etc.

1. News from YouTube

I wanted to post the news some time ago, but I was afraid I was wrong. So I waited.
    It seems, however, to be the truth and nothing but the truth (for the time being): YouTube have removed their ads from all videos except the ones that have (And even there, the ads are gone when we use IE or Firefox).
    So now we can embed YouTube videos - in an iframe or flash object - without resorting to all kinds of malicious means to remove the ads (which does ...

Updated 07-04-2012 at 10:47 PM by molendijk (Correction)

Flash related
  2. A plugin for the JW Player

A plugin that allows us to (i) create a customized playlist for chromeless YouTube-videos (using the JW player), (ii) place info about each video at the top of it and (iii) chop the video's - which makes it possible to create new YouTube-video's out of existing ones.

Demo and explanations here.
    Arie Molendijk.

Updated 05-09-2010 at 10:52 AM by molendijk (Added blog category)

Flash related
  3. Prevent users to open a video on the video-providing site (in a new window)

Inserting these two lines to your include code for video's:

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never">
    <param name="allowNetworking" value="internal">

prevents flash apps from running scripts or having outbound links.

This is a very handy method for preventing users to open the video on the video-providing site (in a new window) when they accidentally click on the video screen.

Updated 11-19-2009 at 11:50 AM by molendijk

Flash related
  4. HTML 4.01 Strict Video Include & Chopping Parts from YouTube video's

Perhaps many of you already knew this. I didn't.
    HTML 4.01 Strict Video Include:
    <!--[if IE]>
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" style="position:absolute;left:20%; top:20%; height:80%;width:80%">
    <!--[if !IE]><!-->
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="position:absolute;left:20%; top:20%; height:80%;width:80%" data=";start=164&amp;end=199&amp;cid=28051"

Updated 10-02-2009 at 01:29 PM by molendijk (Observation made by jscheuer about title)

Tags: add, michal Add / Edit Tags
    Post a JavaScript , Flash related
  5. YouTube Chromeless Player

It's not directly obvious from this how we can:
    - start a movie on page load (question asked by some people on different forums);
    - specify the dimensions and position of the movies in percentages;
    - make good use of the ytplayer functions.

Autoplay: something like
    function so_start()
    loadNewVideo('lKq9_kk3Zbc', 20);
    //IE needs some time
    Size of movie in percentages ...

Updated 08-29-2009 at 01:59 PM by molendijk

Post a JavaScript , Flash related