PDA

View Full Version : need help cropping with all 8 points of the cropping tool in ps cs2

maladasa
05-26-2006, 10:22 AM
i am working on my friends art which are very big wall canvases. i have taken pics of them all but i am also taking in the all the surrounding areas for at least 12 inches on each side so i have space to work with when i crop. the problem is i haven't been able to use all the points. the reason i need all the points most of them are at angles. i can't post the art work because she does not want them on the net. but when i got the crop tool to work the way i wanted it to crop i forgot to make a preset tool now i can't remember if i flatend it made it a smart object or what!!! all i know is i picked the crop tool right clicked and i could move all the points then when i cropped the picture it snapped forword and straight as if i was in front of it when i took the picture and also as if i had used my camera to close around the exact edges. i hope that i have told enough about this to get help for this. oh if it matters it was a jpeg image when i started Pls Help :confused:

djr33
05-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Ok... wait... what?
Sentences, please... that was so much info, really hard to follow.

Can you just start over? Please say you saved a copy of the original file...

GoddessOfDreams1773
05-27-2006, 07:22 AM
I'll cut it short because i have a hard time writing in a way that other people understand my question because i most always make my ?'s in run on sentences and out of the order they happened. when i open my crop tool around this pic it has 8 points u can move. i need to know how to move all the points in between the corner points in all directions. i know it can be done i just can't remember what i did so i can do it again

GoddessOfDreams1773
05-27-2006, 07:30 AM
oh and yes i have a copy of the original and the finished product. but like i said i the beginning i can't post them which makes asking for help harder than it could be if i could post them:(

GoddessOfDreams1773
05-27-2006, 07:35 AM
oh and sorry about the 2 names when i went to sign up my email never came i used this name on anohther fourm site and . i guess it works here to because i never got to activate this name so i will be using this name instead of maladasa

simonf
05-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi

What SW are you using for cropping... and could you provide a sample of a pic and what your looking for to help undo the confusion.

GoddessOfDreams1773
05-28-2006, 08:44 PM
these pics are the before and after of what i have been trying to do for awhile #52 is the original taken from a left hand angle. i moved the point around the edge of the painting then cropped. which is what you see in #52 cropped i have taken out the main subject of the painting so i could post them but everything that needs to be seen should still be in the pics I'm posting.the smaller one is the original and the bigger one is after the crop.

simonf
05-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Hi

Again... what software package are you using???...:eek:

djr33
05-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Note the title of the thread: "need help cropping with all 8 points of the cropping tool in ps cs2"