PDA

View Full Version : How do I do this?

Elli
12-05-2004, 05:27 AM
Typing Text Script IE http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex10/text5.htm
I am new at HTML and so I do not understand what you mean when you say to:
To change the message, simply change the text inside the <span> tag. If you wish to change the type/size of the font, do not add the HTML tags inside the <span> tag. Instead, wrap them around it. Thanks for the help Elli

cr3ative
12-05-2004, 06:17 AM
Well to change the font, we use <font face="font">text</font>, yes?

So all that line is saying is that you should do this:

<font face="font"><span>Text</span></font>

And not this:

<span><font face="font>Text</font></span>

cr3ative

designgrrl
12-05-2004, 07:12 PM
If you are new to html, you must, must, must become acquainted with Lynda.

http://movielibrary.lynda.com

For $25 you can have access to all of her quicktime movie libraries for 1 month. I have found it is the quickest way to get up to speed. The flash training has been a godsend to me.

A must see for a newbie is "learning html" it is 3 hours and worth your time. Then view the CSS movie to learn how NOT to use the <font> tag and use styles instead.

Lynda.com is a wonderful resource for photoshop, illustrator, flash.... I'm currently going through the javascript videos.

Good luck

Designgrrl.com

Elli
12-06-2004, 05:03 AM
Thank-you cr3ative: I was just wondering :rolleyes: what it meant when it said wrap it around and you have explained it to me.
AND
Thank-you designgrrl I will look into it, but since I am living in Denmark I do not like the idea of paying for thnigs over the internet. Scares me, You hear so many bad things :eek:
I love Dynamic Drive and I think this forum was a GREAT idea :D

ddadmin
12-06-2004, 10:23 PM
As cr3ative says, if you wish to use HTML with the typing text script, such as make it bold, do this:

<b><span id="typing" style="visibility:hidden" align="left">my text. my text.</span></b>

As you can see, add <b> around the <span> tag, not within it.