PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Highlight?

rianaM
05-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi All!

I've been a long time fan of this site, and I'm glad to have finally gotten off my butt and joined the forum. :) Here is my question:

I have successfully integrated the ANYLINK Vertical DHTML Drop down menu into my site. I have no problems with it. I would just like to add an effect, and I'm at my wit's end trying to figure it out.

What I would like to do is fix it so that each parent item on the menu highlights as the user mouses over it, and STAYS LIT until they move off onto the NEXT parent item. I have figured out how to do it so that mousing over the parent item will highlight/unhighliht. This is what I have done:

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td class="sideMenu" onMouseover="this.className='sideMenuON'; dropdownmenu(this, event, menu1, '165px')" onMouseout="this.className='sideMenu';delayhidemenu()">Computers</td>
</tr>
</table>

The problem is, I need to somehow CONNECT the parent item and the Pop Up menu. Right now, when the user moves the mouse over to the pop up window, the highlight turns off of the parent item. I would like it to stay on while the user is mousing over the pop up menu, as well. I have tried connecting to the DIV tag embedded in the js, but to no avail.

Has anyone else managed this?