PDA

View Full Version : IFrame flashes in browser!!

tacbob
12-04-2004, 05:31 PM
I have 2 IFrames in my site but when they are loading in the browser, they remain white until the content has loaded. The content in one of the frames is just text.
The pages that are loading into the frame have a blue background assigned, so does the table cells that they load into??
Any ideas????

Thank you.

astralrose
12-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi,
it is because the iframe is one document waiting for the new document (blue background) to load into it. For some reason an iframe remains white, I have tried all different style codes myself to figure this out to no avail when I figure it I will give you a heads up!

Regards
Donna x

tacbob
12-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Thank you Miss Donna.
Please hurry and figure it out as it looks silly on my site!

Regards,
RICHARD

Too many cooks wont fit in the kitchen!

GavinPearce
12-14-2004, 11:02 AM
I don't quite understand, (as usual), but surely if you just set the background colour in your first frame right near the start, it'll load that within seconds. The white colour you see before a page loads is the default colour, like the default text colour is black. This can't be changed, it's an option the user can set in their browser.

astralrose
12-14-2004, 04:15 PM
It does load however if the user is on dial up it leaves a white box for a little longer, just irritating more than anything! Im sure there will be a way to change this as it is ever evolving.

Donna x

darco9x2
12-30-2004, 10:46 PM
do you have a css? you can add a background color in there, or add
a css script in the head.

GavinPearce
12-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Would make no difference. The white is what is shown before the page loads any information. As no informatin as not yet been loaded, it does not no what colour to make it. This is the same in CSS as it in in traditonal HTML.

You don't even notice it on my computer, and I have a 256kbs. Many people are now on 512kbs+

darco9x2
12-31-2004, 11:03 PM
well then i dont know, cuz you cant specify the color of a frame can you?

GavinPearce
01-01-2005, 08:22 PM
No, but even if you could, it would still show the white (or other default colour, depending on browser/users...) before it loaded this information, so you'd still see a brief white flash.

sweterek
01-01-2005, 10:45 PM
I'd suggest hiding the iframe before 'location' property change, and restore it as soon as inner document is loaded.