PDA

View Full Version : Iframe SSI script II - STILL HAVE H-Scroll Bars!

pickle965
05-22-2006, 03:18 AM
Iframe SSI script II
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm

OK, this scripts does work pretty well, but there is just one small issue in Firefox 1.5. It doesn't seem to resize the frame large enough and places horizontal scroll bars on some pages. I find this especially strange since in <iframe> scrolling="no".

See http://www.philosophiks.net/

Click on Band Bio for example and you'll see what I mean. What's odd is that if you click a link inside the Band Bio iframe (a band member's name) it seems to work perfectly.

Seems to be fine in Internet Explorer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This script is absolutely perfect for what I need, I just hope I can get this issue fixed.

pickle965
05-22-2006, 04:40 AM
I fixed the problem by changing this:

var FFextraHeight=parseFloat(getFFVersion)>=0.1? 16 : 0 //extra height in px to add to iframe in FireFox 1.0+ browsers

To:

var FFextraHeight=parseFloat(getFFVersion)>=0.1? 32 : 0 //extra height in px to add to iframe in FireFox 1.0+ browsers

This leaves a decent size blank area at the bottom of every page in FF now, but atleast there are no scroll bars. I was also wondering what the second number (0) after the colon defines?

jscheuer1
05-22-2006, 05:39 AM
That is the adjustment for all other browsers which presumably, means IE.

pickle965
05-22-2006, 10:53 PM
OK, thanks. I also noticed another difference with how FF and IE handle this script. When the page is refreshed in IE the iframe will retain the page you last loaded within it, while in FF the iframe will just reload to the default src page. Any ideas on how to correct this? I would rather it retain like in IE.

jscheuer1
05-23-2006, 05:14 AM
OK, thanks. I also noticed another difference with how FF and IE handle this script. When the page is refreshed in IE the iframe will retain the page you last loaded within it, while in FF the iframe will just reload to the default src page. Any ideas on how to correct this? I would rather it retain like in IE.

I'm not seeing that behavior in FF on your page, though I do see it with the demo, did you fix it? If so how?

pickle965
05-23-2006, 07:09 PM
You know, I didn't even realize it was fixed. I was cleaning up some of the code last night and didn't run through the site again until I read your post, so I don't even know what I did that fixed it! :confused: If I can find an older version of the pages I'll try and compare the code to let you know.

missmacks
11-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Hey, I'm having the same problem, I tried fixing it, but the only difference in the problem is..I have vertical scrollbars, please, if anyone can help me fix it, I'd appreciate it greatly.