PDA

View Full Version : Referring page in sized window

techsol
05-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I know there is javascript that will refer a user to another page and there is separate javascript that will open a page in a preset window size from a link. But is there javascript out there that will do both. Another words, is there javascript available that when a user lands on a particular page, that it will automatically refer the user to another page and at the same time open up this second page in a smaller window. Thanks

jscheuer1
05-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Yes but, I am not aware of any way to do it that wouldn't activate most pop up blockers.

cybercoder
05-21-2006, 11:51 AM
to refresh the smaller page from that same smaller page, you could do this:

window.location=window.location;

Twey
05-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Not what the OP asked for. And you should use window.location.href for that.
A simple:
<script type="text/javascript">
window.open("newpage.html", "", "width=100,height=100");
</script>will do that, but as John said, most popup blockers will stop it.

jscheuer1
05-21-2006, 06:03 PM
to refresh the smaller page from that same smaller page, you could do this:

window.location=window.location;

This will result in an endless loop of refreshing. Cybercoder, why not either give more complete information or just go away and do something else? And before you accuse me of insulting you again, remember that you started it with your completely inane response to my "Validate This!" thread.

Twey
05-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Which isn't this one. Please don't carry greivances between threads.

jscheuer1
05-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Which isn't this one. Please don't carry greivances between threads.

Good point, but I corrected cybercoder elsewhere as well and cybercoder started in with that 'insult' nonsense again, I guess I'm a tad sensitive. I shall restrain myself in future unless cybercoder brings it up again.

I still think it is a very bad idea to give advice that will cause an endless loop as cybercoder's will.

Twey
05-21-2006, 08:31 PM
It is, especially without a warning.
I spelt "grievances" wrong, in just about the stupidest manner I can think of. (shakes head sadly)