PDA

View Full Version : Floating images script in HTML sent by E. Mail

clearmarble
12-03-2004, 07:15 AM
Is there a way to send an HTML web page which contain Floating images script by E. Mail?

I have tried doing that, but the images were frozen and separated from the main HTML document! Usually, I have no problem in sending HTML web pages with graphics by E.Mail. Thanks for your help

cr3ative
12-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Hmm :/

It's usually more polite to send a link to the webpage in question - emails generally aren't designed to send files.

cr3ative

clearmarble
12-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Thank you for your quick reply.

I have elected to send the HTML embeded graphics by E. Mail because it included a picture of our newborn baby and we wanted to send it to his grand father who is in Australia and is quite ill. So, if we send the picture by air mail, it will take as long as 12 days, we were told. Also, I did not want to place the baby's picture on the Internet because I did not want it to be copied and used for commercial use. I hope that you are in agreement so far.

However, my question was technical and not ethical, but I am glad I took the time to give you more details. So if you know of a way to embed the script in the HTML sent by E. Mail, I would appreciate your timely response.

Have a good day,

cr3ative
12-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Ok,

Can you post a link here to the script you are using, and then we can see if the script can be modified appropriately.

(Sorry for the confusion - I meant that there may have been a script confict or similar)

cr3ative

clearmarble
12-06-2004, 01:50 AM
The following is the script for the applet:

<applet archive="DuriusWaterPic.jar" width="346" height="120" code="DuriusWaterPic.class">
<param name="cabbase" value="DuriusWaterPic.cab">
<param name="dim" value="5">
<param name="dotsize" value="7">
<param name="logoheight" value="120">
<param name="image" value="Images/newlogo.jpg">
<param name="mouse" value="1">
<param name="noise" value="2">
<param name="delay" value="100">
<param name="target" value="_self">
<param name="bg" value="FFFFFF">
<param name="reg" value="40953303">
</applet>

Authorization to use the applet was given by its author at:
http://www.durius.com

I have already contacted the author and there was no reply!

Thanks for your help

ddadmin
12-06-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm confused. The code you posted is for a Java applet, not the Floating Images script by us, which is DHTML.

In any event, the problem really isn't the applet or the DHTML script, but rather, simply whether the recipient's email program has been set to accept HTML codes. For security reasons, most have them disabled, so it's pointless trying to embed a script inside an email.