PDA

View Full Version : dynamicindex1/slideinlink.htm - Newbie ??

RSP0720
05-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Hello, All,

I have a question that I'm not sure how to even ask. I chose to use the Slide-In Menu because I thought it was so neat but now I find I don't know how to get anything else on the page with it - which sort of defeats the purpose.

Am I over-thinking this problem?

Blessings,
Roberta

djr33
05-12-2006, 01:23 AM
You are asking how to use multiple scripts on one page?

So insanely vague that we can't answer. I mean... the specifics differ a lot.

Generally, make the variable and function names not conflict/overlap between the scripts. And there can be other problems.

Not sure how much help I can be with specifics, but that answers your general question.

Or, an alternative... use an iframe to put either script in so you don't have to worry about conflicts with scripts on the same page. That has it's own downsides too, but might be worth it :)

jscheuer1
05-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Probably over thinking. The slide in menu is absolutely positioned so, other items on a page will appear where they normally would. Try this, make up a page or take a copy of an existing one you have. Then open the file in a text editor and following the directions on the demo page for the slide-in menu, install it on that page. Save the file and look at it in the browser to see what happened.