PDA

View Full Version : Pausing RSS Scroller

mabus
05-11-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm trying to install the Pausing RSS Scroller for my web site, but having a bit of difficulty. The script works perfectly if i just upload it as is, listing rss feeds to the preformatted sites like CNN for example, but simply refuses to read the feeds from my site.

The site's feed comes off a PhpBB message board. The feed itself works in other scripts and off rss readers so there's no problem on that end. The error message i get is

Sorry, no items found in the RSS file
I give up trying to fetch RSS feed.

Also possibly of interest is that any change to the prexisting rss feeds makes the script stop working. If i for example simply remove one of the feeds it stops working entirely. If i add my feed to the 5 already listed it it stops working. If i keep all 5 default feeds, but substitute the feed from one of them with the url to mine itworks fine but ignores my feed completely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

djr33
05-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Can't answer your question, but:

The feed itself works in other scripts and off rss readers so there's no problem on that end.Not true. Might work sometimes, but doesn't mean it's neccessarily correct. Not to say it must be wrong, but it very much could be the problem.

mabus
05-11-2006, 10:05 PM
True enough, but on another thread someone else running an rss off a phpbb board also asked for help with it. In his case it had been working, stopped and he got it working again. So from that i assume that the script does work with phpbb. There is obviously some compatability issue somewhere, the question would be where, and how to find it and fix it

djr33
05-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Yeah. Again, I'm not sure... but you just can't rule anything out. One of them has to be the issue, or the combination... probably the combination meaning one or both needs to be fixed before they'll work together. So... got a lot of possible things that might be going wrong.
Good luck!

And, for those who may be able to help, Please link to your page so we can see what the problem is.