PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Image Selector script help

gurgler
12-02-2004, 04:04 AM
Script: Dynamic Image Selector
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/imageselector.htm

QUESTION: How can I capture the selected menu item so I can pass it to my shopping cart? :confused:

BACKGROUND: I have successfully embedded this script into my e-commerce website within an HTML FORM element. The menu selections and images work as advertised. My problem is passing the user selection to my shopping cart. The script is used to give the buyer a choice of designs that can be put onto the product they're purchasing. After making this and a few other selections, they click the ADD TO CART button and get transferred to my shopping cart secure site. I'm using Mal's e-Commerce for the cart and it requires the product options to use the following syntax for the "name" attribute: name="product1[]". All the user selected options are sent via the <INPUT type="submit" value="Add to Cart"> command within the form.

This script uses name="dynamicselector2" and therefore the user selection won't show up in my cart. I've tried just changing the name, to no avail.

How can I either modify this script or create a workaround to include the user selection in my cart? I'm obviously not a programmer :eek: , but manage to trial & error my way through basic web development.
Thanks in advance for your help!

chinchilla2
12-07-2004, 04:12 PM
have you tried locating every place it says "dynamicselector2" and changing that to the required Mal's name? That may work

ddadmin
12-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Hmmm unfortunately without knowing more about how your shopping cart works, it's hard to modify the DHTML script to work with it. In any event, this is a question that requires some research- you may want to ask the author of the shopping card script, especially if it's a commerical script.